Upward Bound is a federally-funded TRIO program established to help high school students overcome social, academic, and cultural barriers to higher education. Students participate in weekly tutoring, monthly activities at the high school and on campus, and a residential summer program.Check out how you can apply
Upward Bound seeks to first help students achieve academic success in and to graduate from high school, and secondly to encourage enrollment and persistence in post-secondary education.
join upward bound
Upward Bound serves students in grades 9 through 12 from Grafton and Preston high schools who meet federal eligibility requirements. Eligible students must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Students are income-eligible as determined by the federal government. Proof of income such as your family's most recent tax returns is required.
- Students are first-generation college attendees (neither the student’s mother nor father has graduated with a four-year degree); and/or
- Students are considered academically at-risk (as defined by the federal government).
Upward Bound will provide participants with a variety of FREE educational, cultural and social programs, such as:
- Individual Tutoring
- Test Preparation- SAT/ACT
- Social Activities
- College Preparation
- Monthly events on the campus of West Virginia University, with transportation provided
- Rewards for attendance and participation
- Residential summer program
- Personal one-on-one support from trained Upward Bound professionals
We are not currently searching for individuals at the moment.Please check back in the Spring of 2020 for more updates.